Saturday 10 September 2011

More Mini Campaigns!

For 28mm Fantsay I have been preparing 2 fantasy campaigns, one being an Orc conflict, 'The Fourth Orc War' and the other being a war against the undead, 'The 12th Holy War'. I have been building the armies for both sides as well as the terrain and so far so good. The last game from the Orc Campaign 'The Orc Raid' did not work well, but I have now supplemented it with the 'Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game' Rules, while using different stats for the figures to represent my generic fantasy wargames world. The great thing about this ruleset is that it can do skirmishes as well as large battles, along with the potential of house fighting using the Siege Rules in the 'Advanced Rules Section'. All I need to do now is find some way of making those characters throw/move tables and chairs...

On the hobby/ not typing side of things I have manged to scratch build a 15th Century cannon based of an illustration. As you can see the wheels are solid, as opposed to spoked, but this is due to the complexity of building spoked wheels without the aid of a drill. Nonetheless I remember seeing a solid 2 part wheeled cannon in a period illustration. Next to it is a Mantic skeleton crewman whom I have added a bit more flesh to. I have also been painting several figures form the Mantic/Perry Miniatures range for the campaigns, as you see below.
As regards next week at club, I do not know if I will be there to run a campaign, as I seem to have a very nasty cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment