Wednesday 8 June 2011

28mm Fantasy Scenarios

 I have been designing some basic, but hopefully fun 28mm fantasy scenarios. The first is a scenario called collecting the dead and it is a Dwarf against undead affair, where the Dwarves, as the title suggests, collect their dead from the molestations of an undead force. The second scenario is the first scenario of a campaign that I had in mind, where a Barbarian tribe is doing its best to repell incursions, as well as some raiding. This scenario is set sometime after a smallish battle that the Barbarians won against a Ghoul war party. The Barbarians are to follow up their victory against the Ghoul remnants led by a Ghast.
I have tried to balance the scenarios according to their objectives. This means that for scenario 2 the Ghouls only have x amount of turns to hold out for in order to win a victory point. They can get more victory points by doing other things. As regards the victory point system, it allows players to have different victory sclaes based on how many points they accumulate vs. their opponnents. This may help players if they know how big their victory was. These scenarios have not been play-tested yet. I do not currently have enough room to play test them until Sunday. I will hopefully have room to play test my scenarios in the future, though.
These scenarios were designed with Mantic dead dwarves, as well as other Mantic and Wargames Factory miniatures in mind, as well as the previously mentioned Kremlin Miniatures Kings and Captains rules. I am sure though, by using different miniatures or  a different ruleset with a few tweaks to the scenarios wiull allow you to play the scenarios with a whole plethora of miniatures and rulesets.
To avoid confusion, I chose a name and my own style of Barbarian tribe, in this case based on ancient history, as I thought that the classic fantasy Barbarian tribe could do with my own choice of accent, to represent a small tribe in a fantasy world.
To read the scenarios, just click on the pictures. They come with maps of the battlefield that give the main terrain features. Add your own terrain as you see fit, but be ready for the consequences, as terrain placed a certain way can really effect gameplay. To print the scenarios off, just click on the pictures, resize them if need be and print.
I will be writing a battle report for these scenarios, which are to be played at my local club on this Sunday, the Kings Lynn RPG Wargames club, with the link at the bottom of the page. As I said earlier, any extra players are welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment