Monday 13 June 2011

D-Day Landings Campaign

At my local wargames club we are planning and preparing a 20mm Normandy Landings campaign. The first scenario will be set on Gold King beach (We do not know whether it would be on Red or Green sector yet). The two forces will be that of roughly one rifle platoon (37 men probably rounded up to 40) for the Brits and an unknown, but relative number of Germans from the 716th Infantrie Division, plus one dug in Panzer III or IV, as well as machine gun nests. Neil (who is going to write the scenarios) has told me that he plans to have a naval bombardment by destroyers prior to the landings. I am currently studying for my A-level finals which will have ended by exactly a week from when this blog has been composed.
As regards to putting together the forces for this campaign, I will start next week, but I already have some completed forces. I have not yet added any photos to this post, so here is a photograph of 2 Armourfast Sherman Fireflys that I bought last week from Ely City Cycle Centre Models department. As you can see you get two in a box which is about £9.50 (£4.25 per tank), making a great start for a British D-Day force. I have added a painted British rifleman (Italeri/ESCI British infantry set, which I also bought form the same place) to show the scale of the tanks. I will be posting more on this campaign, as well as how to build a ww2 Normandy British army.

No comments:

Post a Comment