Monday 6 June 2011

Mantic!

I have purchased a couple of sets of Mantic figures, those of the Undead Warhost and Zombie Regiment, as well as the Dwarf Rangers set. Mantic figure sets are incredibly good value (much cheaper than a certain unnamed plastic fantasy manufacturer) and feature lots of additional swappable components (such as swappable heads) and even have goodies, such as dead figures, such as dead Dwarfs, undead giant rats/dogs, broken spears, Dwarf throwing dogs, decapitated Dwarf and Goblin heads, skeletons rising from the ground and piles of bones just to mention a few (shown on the right). The Mantic range is currently growing and has been recently releasing new fantasy races, so the range now covers Elves, Dwarfs, Orcs, Abyssal Dwarfs and Undead. Mantic has a lot on their website http://www.manticgames.com/ and they have a games system of their own, with free rules, army lists, reviews of their sets, fantasy lore based around the different races and information on the hobby.
In the next post I am going to do a battle report on one to two fantasy scenarios I have created, which I am likely to play next week, as my plans to do this have been pushed forward due to unforeseen events. These battles are going to be played out at my local club, Kings Lynn RPG Wargames club (the link to the website is at the bottom of this page). I am going to use Mantic and Wargames Factory figures, as well as Card buildings (not of my own creations this time, sadly). I will post the scenarios on this blog so that you can use them as you like and adapt them as you will, although I am currently writing and tweaking them. The rule set I will not be the Mantic rules, but Kremlin miniatures Kings and Captains with a few additions and any extra players are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment